Q. Somebody I know has been wrongfully convicted of a crime. Can you help?
A. Unfortunately, we do not have the resources to conduct independent investigations. However, there are many Innocence Projects in the U.S. that devote their time specifically to the exoneration of individuals believed to be innocent. Please click here to find the Innocence Project nearest to you.

Q. Somebody I know has been the victim of a crime and the local law enforcement does not seem to be helping. Can you help?
A. Again, we cannot conduct independent investigations, however, there are organizations that can refer you those who may be able to help:

National Center For Victims of Crime
(202) 467-8700

National Center for Parents of Murdered Children, Inc.

The United States Department of Justice
Help for Victims of Crime

Q. I am interested in pursuing a career in forensic science. Where do I start?
A. Our Resources Page lists different forensic science fields, forensic terms, and some helpful links to professional organizations. We highly suggest you visit the American Academy of Forensic Science (LINK: www.aafs.org) website. They have a program called the Young Forensic Scientists Forum (YFSF), which is dedicated to helping young people who want to become forensic scientists. Here you will find resources including colleges with forensic science programs, mentoring programs, newsletters, and links to other organizations.